- Nutrient-Dense superfood-chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium and iron, chia seeds sustain energy levels, while helping you stay fuller longer
- Neutral taste-chia seeds are virtually tasteless and can be added to your favorite foods, for added texture and protein, we recommend sprinkling chia seeds over oatmeal or adding them to smoothies, salads or yogurt for a satisfying and filling snack
- Hydrophilic properties-these mighty seeds hold up to 12x their weight offering powerful thickening abilities, make a vegan egg substitute using 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to 3 tablespoons of water
- Suitable for all diets-this omega powerhouse supports all dietary restrictions considering they are gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, raw, low-carb and paleo-friendly
- 100 percent all natural, certified organic and non-gmo-viva labs chia seeds are sustainably sourced premium quality seeds, offering impeccable nutrition, taste and versatility, free from unwanted additives and harmful ingredients
The Mighty Chia Seed
Chia seeds were first harvested over 3,000 years ago by the ancient Mayan, Inca and Aztec empires. Warriors used this tiny superfood during times of conquest to improve stamina and endurance. Raw, gluten-free, organic, vegan, nut-free and grain-free, these seeds make the perfect addition to any modern-day diet.
Key Highlights of Viva Labs Organic Chia Seeds
Chia Seeds are naturally preserved by an omega-3 called cinnamic acid, preventing them from going rancid and extending their shelf-life. Studies indicate omega-3’s help to reduce inflammation and improve cardiovascular health. Viva Labs Organic Chia Seeds contain 2,440mg of omega-3’s per serving.
Suggested Uses for Viva Labs Organic Chia Seeds
Chia seeds can be used as a binder in virtually any recipe because of its gel-forming ability, or can simply be sprinkled over your favourite smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt and salads. Add 1-2 tablespoons per day to amplify the nutritional integrity of your favourite dishes.
The Viva Labs Difference
Chia seeds, derived from the purple flowers of the plant Salva hispanica, are sustainably grown in the mineral-rich soil regions of South America. Once the flowers have fully matured, they are thoroughly threshed and cleaned, yielding seeds of exquisite taste and nutritional substance. Viva Labs selectively chooses prime quality chia seeds, supplying higher concentrations of inflammation-reducing omega-3. Viva Labs Organic Chia Seeds are sourced directly from farmers in compliance with fair trade practices and are certified organic.